Thank you for purchasing the theme! If you have any questions that goes beyond the scope of the theme documentation, feel free to contact support.
1. Getting Started
1.1. Upload the theme
Please make sure you have downloaded the "Installable Files only" from ThemeForest.
- Admin Dashboard
- Go to Appearance -> Themes
- Click on Add New, then on Upload
- Upload the
thelandscaper.zipwhich you downloaded from Themeforest
- Click the Install Now button
- FTP Client
- Unzip the file you've downloaded from ThemeForest and upload the folder name
/wp-content/themes/on your server by using a FTP client.
After uploading the theme, hover the thumbnail image and click 'Activate'.
1.2 Install Plugins
- Go to Appearance -> Install Plugins
- Check all checkboxes, click the select field at the top and select Install click on the Apply button
- Check all checkboxes again, click the select field and click Activate then click Apply again.
- Go back to the dashboard
- A WooCommerce install wizard will popup. Choose to Skip it or configure the settings.
1.3. Import Demo ContentPlease install and activate all required plugins before you import the demo content !
- Go to Appearance > Install Demo Data
- Click the blue Import button, and Wait till you see the finished notice.
1.4. Import Essential Grids
The Essential Grids are not imported automatically by using the One Click Demo Installer, you have to import these manually.
The file with the grids can be found inside the "extra" folder of the full download package on ThemeForest, or inside the actual installed theme folder in the /demo-files folder. The file is called "ess_grid.json"
The path to locate the file is:
- Go to Ess. Grid -> Import/Export
- Click the Import panel
- Upload the ess_grid.json file
- Click on the small Read File (see screenshot below)
- The file will load then click on Import Selected Data
1.5 Update Theme
Updates for the theme will be released on ThemeForest and can be installed on two different ways. We recommend to use the Envato Market plugin, it is a one time setup but after you can update future theme updates with a single click from your WordPress dashboard.1. Envato Market plugin
- Download and install the Envato Market plugin
- Click the Envato Market tab in the admin menu
- Generate a token - by clicking the link of step 1 on the page
- Give your token a name and make sure you enable the following settings:
- View and search Envato sites
- Download your purchases items
- List purchases you've made
- Click on "Create Token"
- Copy your token from the screen and (important) save it somewhere on your computer
- Go back to your website and add the token to the "Token" input field
- After saving the settings the "Theme" tab should be available where you can update the theme
- Go to the download page of your ThemeForest account that purchased the theme
- Click the download button and select "Installable WordPress files only"
- Login to your server with a FTP client
- Navigate to the theme folder in your WordPress installation (e.g. wordpress/wp-content/themes/)
- Rename the physio-qt folder (e.g. physio-qt-1 or physio-qt-old)
- Unzip the downloaded zip file and upload the physio-qt folder to your server
- Check if your website is working correctly
- If you have any translation files in the old theme folder copy them over to the new theme folder
- Remove the old theme folder from your server
You can change the logo via Appearance -> Customize -> Theme Options -> Logo
In this panel you find 2 logo options Logo and Logo Retina (2x). If you uplaod a retina logo make sure this image is exactly two times the size of the normal logo, do not upload the normal logo in the retina logo option. Example; If the normal logo is 180 x 90 pixels in size the retina logo should be 360 x 180 pixels.
Recommended height for the normal logo is around 90 pixels
The favicon icon can be changed via Appearance -> Customize -> Site Identity
Topbar site tagline
Please navigate to Settings -> General -> Tagline to change the tagline.
Topbar contact details
Navigate to Appearance -> Widgets and click on the "Topbar" panel on the right side of the screen. In this panel you will find the QT: Icon Box and QT: Social Icons widgets. Click on those widgets to change the details.
All navigations/menu's can be edited via Appearance -> Menu's, from the select field on this page you can edit one of the following theme menu's:
Primary Menu: Select the Primary Navigation from the select field
Services Menu: Select the Services Navigation from the select field
Footer Menu: Select the Footer Navigation from the select field
3. Theme Customizer
In the theme customizer you can change the colors of the theme directly in your browser. To access the customizer navigate to Appearance -> Customize -> Theme Options
The following option panels are available
- Page Header
- Layout & Colors
- Single Gallery
- 404 Page
- Opening Hours & Translation
- Font Awesome
4.1 Page Templates
If you want to create a regular page, use this template
Front Page Slider
This template will add the option to add a slider to your page, like the theme demo homepage. After selecting this template you will find the slider below the page builder grid in the "Page slider" metabox.
Front Page Alternative Slider
If you rather use Revolution Slider or Layer Slider for WordPress use this template. Enter the slider ID in the metabox at the top of the page and your done.
4.2 Page Builder
The page builder allows you to create pages the way you want. Within the columns of the page builder you can add the widgets you want to show on the page. If the page builder plugin is activated you will see a new tab, next to the default tabs of the WordPress texteditor, called 'Page Builder'.
Enable page builder
1. Install and activate the SiteOrigin Page Builder plugin
2. Click the "Page Builder" tab to use the page builder on your page:
3. Click "Add Row" to add your first page builder row to the grid
4. Click "Add Widget" to add your first widget to the gridIf you have used the page builder please don't switch between the tabs. It will break the page builder grid !
1. Add Row
First you need to add a row. When you click the Add Row button a modal will pop up where you can set the columns in that row. (You can drag the columns to set the width)
2. Add Widget
When you add a row, then it's time to add a widget. Click on a column and then on the Add Widget button. A modal will pop up with all the available widgets.
If you want to add some text or a image use the Visual Editor Widget or the default Text Widget
3. Edit Row
There are some row styles: Attributes, Layout and Design which you can edit.
Here you can add a row class, cell class and CSS styles
Set margins and paddings to the row and choose between standard, fullwidth and fullwidth stretched row layouts
Set a row background color or image
If you're looking for more information about the page builder please visit the plugin website:Go to page builder documentation
In the Gallery tab you can upload your gallery / projects per post. With the Essential Grid we display the featured image of each post. Each thumbnail will lead you to the post itself. You can upload your images, as many as you want with a couple of clicks.
4.3.1 Create a Gallery Post
- Go to the Gallery tab in the WordPress admin area and click on Add New Gallery
- Enter a title, add some text if you want, set the featured image and select a category for the post
- If you scroll a bit down you will notice the 'Gallery Image' optionbox.
- Set the layout to Split or Full width, and set the image columns
- And as last, drag and drop your images into the gallery images field
- Publish your gallery
4.3.2 Display the Gallery Posts
If you imported the demo content the summary will automatically show your newest gallery post. If dont used the demo content you need to create a new grid. Follow these steps below:
- Go to Ess. Grid in the WordPress admin area
- Click the blue 'Create New Ess. Grid' button
- Fill in a Name and Alias for your grid
- Then click the Source Tab on the top
- Set Post Type to Gallery
- Select the gallery Categoriesyou want to show
- If you would like to set some custom grid options click the Grid Settings tab.
- When you're done click the green floppy disk button on the right top of your screen (Save Grid)
- Now you can use the Essential Grid Widget on a page and select your grid.
Setup the blog page:
- Navigate to Settings -> Reading
- Select "A static page"
- Set the "Post Page" option to your blog page
- Save the settings
Change blog layout:
- Navigate to Pages
- Edit your blog page
- Choose blog layout at "Blog Layout" settings
- Publish page
When you choose the Front Page Slider template there will be a new box below the page builder grid where you can add your image slides.
The Slides tab is where you can add your image slides. Hover the place holders and click the 'X' icon to remove the default images. The "Add Media" button will appear to add your own image.
In the Settings tab you can edit some settings of the slider, like captions, auto cycle and slide animation.
1. Click Add Row to add a new image slide
- 2. Add your image (1920 x 730 pixel)
- 3. Add a small top heading
- 4. Add the main heading
- 5. Add a text paragraph (optional)
- 6. Click "Add Slide Button" to add a button
- 7. Enter the button details
- 8. Repeat step 1 till 7 for a new slide
6.1 Brand / Logo Image
The insurance images at the bottom of the homepage can be added or changed inside
the QT: Brand / Logo Image< widget
If you want to link to a brochure, PDF or any other file you can use the QT: Brochure widget.
The QT: Button widget will add a default styled button to your website. Please do not use the button widget in the footer area, use the button shortcode instead.
6.4 Call to Action
To add a full width call to action banner (with background image) to your website please follow these steps:
- Add a new page builder row with one column
- Go to Edit Row -> Layout and set row layout to Full Width Stretched
- Click on the Design panel and add the background image for the banner
- Set background size to Cover
- Edit the QT: Call to Action widget and enter the text and buttons (see buttons shortcode)
The QT: Counter widget will add a numberic counter to your website.
The QT: Facebook widget will add the Facebook Page Box to your website. Make sure you add the full url of a Facebook page (not a person profile) to the URL field.
6.7 Featured Page
With this widget you can feature a page on your website, for example to create a summary of your individual service pages. The widget will display the featured image, page title and excerpt text from the selected page you're featuring.
Change the image and excerpt text
The image and text can't be edited inside the widget but only on the page you selected to feature by following these steps:
- Click on Pages in the menu
- Edit the page that you selected inside the QT: Featured Page widget
- Change the "Featured Image" and "Excerpt"
- Save the page
6.8 Google Maps (Free)
To add a simple Google Map to your website the QT: Google Maps (Free) is the perfect widget for it. Simply add your address change some basic settings if you want and the map will appear on your website.
6.8 Google Maps (Paid)
If you're looking for a more advanced Google Map the QT: Google Maps (Billing & Paid) is the widget you need. Please note that you need an Google billing account and Google Maps API key to use this widget.Google (billing) account
Make sure you have setup your billing account at Google. After you have setup this account you need to create an API key for Google Maps.Google Maps API key
Please click on this link and follow the steps there to create your Maps API key.
6.9 Icon Box
The icon box widget is very straightforward to use, simply add the icon, title and text
If you want to link the icon box to a page add the full url at the link option
(e.g. https://yourdomain.com). You can also use skype:, tel: or mailto: for different link purposes
6.10 Latest Blog Posts
This widget is built to add a small summary of your latest blog posts to the frontpage of your website.
Please do not use this widget to create your actual blog page, use the default WordPress settings for that, described in step 4.3
6.11 Opening Hours
To add opening hours or translate the weekdays go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options > Opening Hours & Translation.
To display the opening hours on your website you can use the "QT: Opening Hours" widget. This widget will show the opening hours added to the customizer by default. There are cases to you need to show different opening hours (e.g. multiple locations). Remove the opening hours form the customizer and add them to the widget fields instead:
6.12 Social Icons
The QT: Social Icons will add social icons to your website that will link to the provided URL's.
6.13 Team Member
The QT: Team Member makes it easy to add your team members to your website.
The QT: Testimonial widget will display the added testimonials in a carousel. You can add more testimonials by clicking the "Add New Testimonial" button
6.15 Visual Editor
The Visual Editor widget allows you to add textual content to your website. The text editor comes with some typographical styling options in the toolbar above the textarea. Also it is possible to add images to the textarea.
The Landscaper comes with some plugins. Here we describe some who (maby) needs some explanation.
7.1. Advanced Custom Fields Pro
Advanced Custom Fields PRO is bundled with the theme. However, the ACF PRO files are not to be used or distributed outside of the theme.How to update?
Updates for the Advanced Custom Fields PRO plugin will be shipped within theme updates. To update this plugin to the latest version make sure you have updated the theme to the latest version first.
- Make sure you're running the latest theme version
- Go to the "Plugins" tab
- Deactivate and delete the Advanced Custom Fields PRO plugin
- Go to "Appearance -> Install Plugins"
- Click the "Install" link at the Advanced Custom Fields PRO plugin
- Click the "Activate" plugin button
- Done !
7.2 Essential Grid
The Essential Grid plugin is used for displaying the gallery posts in a grid. Essential Grid is an all-purpose grid building solution for WordPress that allows you to display various content formats in a highly customizable grid. For a deeper look into Essential Grid please take a look in to the official documentation.
7.3 Contact Form 7
As the name of this plugin says. The Contact Form 7 plugin is used for the contact forms in the theme. If you create your own form you can display it on your website by adding the form shortcode (that is visible on the Contact tab) in the Visual Editor widget.
If you deleted the default forms here are the snippets you can copy/paste to recreate them:Contact Page form:
<div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6"> <span>Your Name * [text* your-name placeholder "Full Name"]</span> </div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6"> <span>Your Email address * [email* your-email placeholder "E-mail Address"]</span> </div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6"> <span>The Subject [text your-subject placeholder "Subject"]</span> </div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6"> <span>Your Phone number * [tel phone-number placeholder "Phone Number"]</span> </div> <div class="col-xs-12"> <span>Message * [textarea* your-message placeholder "Type your message..."]</span> </div> <div class="col-xs-12"> [submit class:btn class:btn-primary placeholder "Send Message"] <span class="info-text">Fields marked with a * are required</span> </div> </div>
Request A Free Estimate form:
<div class="request-quote-form"> <div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">[text* your-name placeholder "Your Name"][email* your-email placeholder "Your Email"][select menu-490 "Landscape Maintenance" "Enhancements Services" "Irrigation Service" "Snow Removal" "Other Services"]</div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">[textarea your-message placeholder "Your Message"]</div> </div> <div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-12">[submit "Request Quote"]</div> </div> </div>
Make an Appointment form:
<div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">[text* first-name placeholder "First Name"]</div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">[text* last-name placeholder "Last Name"]</div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">[text* your-address placeholder "Address"]</div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">[tel* your-phone placeholder "Phone Number"]</div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6"><p>Date of Appointment * [text* the-date placeholder "MM-DD-YY"]</p> </div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6"> <p>Time of Appointment * [select* the-time "08:00 AM" "09:00 AM" "10:00 AM" "11:00 AM" "12:00 AM" "01:00 PM" "02:00 PM" "03:00 PM" "04:00 PM" "05:00 PM" "06:00 PM"]</p> </div> </div> <div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6"> <p>I am interested in:<p> <p>[checkbox services use_label_element "Lawn & Garden Care" "Planting & Removal" "Irrigation & Drainage" "Snow & Ice Removal" "Spring & Fall Cleanup" "Stone & Hardscaping"]</p> </div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6"> <p>Additional Message<p>[textarea extra-message placeholder "Write your message"][submit class:btn class:btn-primary placeholder "Make Appointment"] </div> </div>
Ask a Question form:
<div class="ask-a-question-form"> <div class="row"> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">[text* your-name placeholder "Full Name"]</div> <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">[email* your-email placeholder "E-mail Address"]</div> <div class="col-xs-12">[textarea* your-message placeholder "Message"]</div> <div class="col-xs-12">[submit class:btn class:btn-primary class:center-block placeholder "Send Us Your Question"]</div> </div> </div>
7.3.1 Configure sender email address
If you want to edit the email body message of the email go to Contact -> 'Edit form' -> Click the Mail tab. Here you can edit the fields which will show in your mail:
7.3.2 The forms are not working, they're not sending the message
This is a common issue with contact forms and WordPress. To fix this issue please install the WP Mail SMTP plugin and enter all details under Settings -> Mail
7.4 Simple Page Sidebars
With this plugin you can create as many as page sidebars as you want. While editing a page you see a metabox on the right side of the screen:
Open the Reading settings screenlink in a new browser tab, set the default page sidebar and save. Close the window and click on Add New. Fill in the name of the sidebar and click Update
When you go to Appearance -> Widgets you will notice your new sidebar.
WooCommerce is compatible with the The Landscaper theme. After activating the plugin the installation wizard will pop up, you can go directly go through it or skip it and configure it later.
If you skipped the WooCommerce installation and now want to setup the WooCommerce plugin you need to create 4 new individual pages: Shop, Cart, Checkout and My Account.Select Shop page
Navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products and select the Shop page at the "Shop page" select field, save the settingsSelect other pages
Then go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Advanced and select the pages for Cart, Checkout and My Account
7.6 Breadcrumbs NavXT
The breadcrumbs are dislayed under the page title area by the Breadcrumbs NavXT plugin. If this plugin is not installed and activated the breadcrumbs are not visibleTechnical Settings
Navigate to Settings -> Breadcrumbs NavXTColor Settings
Navigate to Appearance -> Customize -> Theme Options -> Breadcrumbs
Remove the duplicated breadcrumb separator?
Navigate to Settings -> Breadcrumbs NavXT and remove the angle symbol from the breadcrumb separator setting
If you see the message "Your settings are out of date" click on Migare now button
This plugin is used for the before and after image slider. Add the visual editor widget (or use it in the default editor from WordPress) and type the following shortcode:
Place your cursor between the shortcode and upload 2 images with both the same size.
To add a button with the shortcode add:
[button href="your-link-here"] Text [/button]
The shortcode has 7 more parameters you can use:
Change the look of the button; use primary or outline
Add a FontAwesome icon to the button
Link the button to a new window, or not. To link in the same use _self or new _blank window
Makes the edges of the buttons rounded
Makes the button fullwidth
Change the text color:
Change the background color:
Change the border color, useful for the outline button:
Add a custom class to the button
See the above attributes working on the shortcode page of the theme demo:
8.2 Font Awesome Icons
The Font Awesome icon shortcode has 3 options:
Choose the icon
[fa icon="fas fa-cog"]
Add a URL to the icon
Link the button to a new window, or not. To link in the same use _self or new _blank window
See the full list of available icons at the FontAwesome library:
Their are 4 dropcap styles.
[dropcap style="style1"]T[/dropcap]his will make the letter T a dropcap.
[dropcap style="style2"]T[/dropcap]his will make the letter T a dropcap.
[dropcap style="style3"]T[/dropcap]his will make the letter T a dropcap.
[dropcap style="style1" titlte="This is the title next to the dropcap"]T[/dropcap]his will make the letter T a dropcap.
Just edit the
title="" attributes and 'content' to your own. If you want to set panel open use the attribute
state="active" after the title.
[collapsibles] [collapse title="Title 1" state="active"] content [/collapse] [collapse title="Title 2"] content [/collapse] [collapse title="Title 3"] content [/collapse] [/collapsibles]
There are 2 styles of tables, which you can use for example a price listTable Style Default
[table cols="Service,Price Per Hour, Project Based Hour Price" data=" Design & Build, $60, $50, Plastering, $45, $40, Electrical, $55, $50, Plumbing, $45, $40"]
Table Style Boxed
[table style="boxed" cols="Service,Price Per Hour, Project Based Hour Price" data=" Design & Build, $60, $50, Plastering, $45, $40, Electrical, $55, $50, Plumbing, $45, $40"]
These table shortcodes can only contain plain text. If you want to use icons or links in it you'll need to use the regular HTML tables, see the snippet below:
<table class="qt-table default"> <thead> <tr> <td> Subdivision/Town</td> <td> Zip Code</td> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr> <td> Abbott Glen</td> <td> 40014</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Academy Ridge</td> <td> 40245</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Aikenshire</td> <td> 40245</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
8.6 Embed Videos
To embed a YouTube or Vimeo video into your website please use:
9.1 Footer Widgets
To change the amount of column in the top footer navigate to Appearance -> Customize -> Theme Options -> Footer and change the amount at the columns setting
For example if you set number of columns setting to 4, you can place 4 widgets in the Footer area
9.2 Bottom Footer
In the bottom footer you can place some text or copyrights. You can edit this text through Appearance -> Customize -> Theme Options -> Footer
With WPML you can make create a website for multiple languages. If you purchased the WPML plugin please install the following WPML Add-on plugins:
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management
After you've activated WPML the plugin will guide you through the installation wizard.
10.2 Loco Translate
With the Loco Translate plugin you can translate the theme inside your WordPress installation.
Please install and activate the Loco Translate plugin, and follow the steps below:
- Please navigate to Loco Translate -> Themes (to translate a plugin go to Loco Translate -> Plugins)
- Click on the correct theme name in the list (or plugin name if the texts is coming from a plugin)
- Click on the "New Language" link
- Set your language from the dropdown field
- Set "Choose a location" to Custom and press the Start Translating button
- Type the word you want to translate in the search box and click on it when it appear in the list below
- Write your translation in the most bottom textarea (do not change the default text)
- Save the settings
- Navigate to Settings -> General and set the "Site Language" option to the translation language.
10.3 Manual Translation
You can translate the theme by editing the included .pot language file with a program like PoEdit. After translating please export the .po and .mo files which you need to upload in the language folder of the theme (theme-folder/language/).
For more information please see this link
11.1 Demo Images
The images on the theme demo are not included in the download package because of copyrights. All the images are replaced with placeholders.
We created a collection where you can easily find all the used images here.
11.2 Child Theme
A child theme is included with the parent theme. A WordPress child theme is a WordPress theme that inherits its functionality from the parent theme. Child themes are often used when you want to customize or tweak an existing WordPress theme without losing the ability to upgrade that theme.
If you want to use the child theme upload it through the WordPress dashboard or FTP.
The changelog of the theme is available on the bottom of the item page on Themeforest.
If you have questions that are beyond the scope of this documentation, please contact support.
11.5 Rate the Theme
If you like this theme please rate it on Themeforest. It means alot for us!
How to rate The Landscaper?
- Login into your Themeforest account
- When logged in, move your mouse over your username (in the top)
- Navigate to Downloads
- At the The Landscaper WordPress Theme, move your mouse over the stars and click.